19 Haziran 2012 Salı

My Thoughts: An Honest Review

To contact us Click HERE
I take great care and thought with the foods my family and I ingest.  I am also quite careful with other products - cleaning products and toiletries.  I have a small list of ingredients I almost always stay away from (seems to growing day-by-day, but these are my important ones):
-parabens
-fragrances (unless the ingredient list states the fragrance is naturally-derived)
-sodium lauryl sulfate
-triclosan
- I also check for the names of the ingredients.  Some companies will write a "scientific" name and then in parenthesis tell you where it is derived (usually plant-based).

When I saw an article about a new brand, The Honest Company, I was curious.  The Honest Company was started by Jessica Alba and Christopher Gavigan (Who We Are).  Jessica is a mother, like myself, who became more and more concerned about the ingredients in her household cleaners and body products (even diapers).  The Honest Co. was born when she decided to do something about it .  I had the pleasure of receiving a great assortment of her products and in all honesty... I love them.  Look at all the goodies I was able to test out!!! 



If you take the time to go to her website and look at each specific product, you will be amazed by the ingredient lists.  She discloses that her products are:
"Honestly FREE of: SLS, synthetic perfume, glycol, enzymes, dyes, phosphates, 1,4-dioxane, chlorine, DEA, formaldehyde, petrochemicals, caustics, and optical brighteners"

Sounds excellent to me!  

One of my favorite aspects of this brand is the scent - there is either zero scent or a touch of scent (lemongrass and grapefruit - fresh and clean and plant-derived), and it smells natural and not harsh or long-lasting. 

I am typically not a fan of hand sanitizers (mainly because most contain Triclosan or have a strong scent), but I am hooked on this one and my big testers, my kids, really like it.  Usually if we use a hand sanitizer from Bath & Body Works (yes, I still have a couple lingering around), my kids actually gag and cough from the smell.  But the first time they used this they both exclaimed how much they liked it.  They used to fight me when I wanted to use hand sanitizer - now it's no big deal.  I like the bottle and pump aspect - I'm keeping it in the cup holder in my car!  The other plus to this hand sanitizer is that it leaves your hands soft and not dried out.  Great thing to think about for those who live in dry climates.


One thing to remember, since these products do not contain SLS, they will not create rich lathers and bubbles like more conventional brands.  That is fine with me, as we are used to that.  I shared the dish soap and multi-surface cleaner with a friend who is quite a cleaner and particular about her cleaning products and she thought they were great.  She also loved the hand sanitizer!

I also passed on Honest diapers, wipes, and healing balm to a friend who recently had her 5th baby and this is what she said: "The diapers worked well. They were absorbent and held all the "liquids" without any leaks. I liked the variety of designs on the diapers. None of the tabs ripped off of these diapers which is something I've had happen with brand name diapers. There's nothing more frustrating when changing a diaper to open up a tab to close up the diaper when suddenly the tab rips off the diaper. The whole diaper is then wasted and yet has never been used. The only downside would be that when there is "liquid" in the diaper it becomes dense and heavy whereas the brand name diapers get soft and squishy. I think the dense heavy feeling was a little more uncomfortable for my baby and he fussed to be changed more frequently. I can't speak to how well the diaper moves with an active child since my baby is so young. There is not much elastic around the legs so I'd be curious to hear how they do on an older more mobile child. The wipes are great. They don't rip like some (I hate Huggies because they rip so easily) and they're very soft. They're a little on the thin side and I'm not sure how they would hold up against the messes of an older child. The healing balm did a good job of protecting. I can't speak to it's healing quality. I mentioned that my baby did have a diaper rash which required a prescription cream to heal it. The honest brand was not oily or greasy and wiped off cleanly. Overall, I'd say very good products."  Thanks to my friend who was willing to test these out for me!  I was oohing and aahing at the cuteness of the diaper patterns!



I recommend these products.  This is a monthly delivery service.  But you have control over the products you need and use most.  You can choose from a Diaper Bundle and/or Family Essentials Bundle.  These products are more pricier than conventional brands, but... You are getting peace of mind that these are SAFE for you and your family.  Plus, check this out:

Baby2Baby
I thoroughly enjoyed using these products - 100% worry-free.


**The above post is my honest opinion.  I was not paid for my review, but did receive the products free of charge.**


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder