17 Haziran 2012 Pazar

busy with wool and water

To contact us Click HERE
We're having yet another drought here and the plants were suffering. We've exhausted the contents of our three water barrels (165 gallons total) and I've been having to use city water to keep the poor little veggie plants going. I have a strong dislike of having to pay for water to water our plants and the lack of rain is making me a wee bit grumpy. I should be grateful we have that option because without it we'd have very few vegetables this year. We haven't had rain in well over a week and none is forecast for the next five days as well.

To take my mind off of the water issue I've also been carding and dyeing some wool. Both yesterday and today I managed to card and dye five batts. That makes a total of ten batts finished.

Here are the five from yesterday - one gold, one purple, one salmon pink, and two brown. The brown are supposed to be two different shades, but to be honest they look about the same to me.



I'm especially fond of the golden color and the salmon pink color. Today's batts were four different shades of green and one orange. Maybe I'll remember to snap a photo and share it with you when they're all dry.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder