24 Haziran 2012 Pazar

inspiration from books

To contact us Click HERE
Sometimes people ask me where I find inspiration for my creative work and I actually draw inspiration from a lot of different sources. It might be a color or pattern, a natural item, or a suggestion from one of my children. I also draw a lot of inspiration from books and illustrations.

Recently I completed a playset that was inspired by Sibylle von Olfers book, The Story of the Root Children.



It's a charming story that features Mother Earth awakening the Root Children. They get cleaned up and dressed and "become" flowers and grasses. The story begins at the end of Winter and we watch as the season changes into Spring.

This is the illustration that was the basis of inspiration for my latest needle felted playset.



And here is my interpretation:







On a related note, how cute are those blueberry boys! This is taken from Elsa Beskow's book, Peter in Blueberry Land.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder