13 Mayıs 2012 Pazar

Cinnamon Sugar Bread

To contact us Click HERE
Hello friends! Today I made cinnamon sugar bread. It took me oh, about 6.5 minutes to get it in the oven and then 45 tortured minutes waiting (actually I sat on my bum and watched Sex and the City). THEN I read the recipe again, and realized it said to let the bread sit, wrapped in aluminum foil, overnight.. um, ya, about that.... Didn't so much happen. BUT This bread was OUT of THIS world fabulous warm from the oven. Some of it made it overnight, and the next day I warmed it up and it was even fabulouser (okay not a word, but descriptive nonetheless). Warm swirls of cinnamon meet creamy crumbly quick bread. Probably the easiest thing I've made in a while. I didn't even dirty more than one bowl and I stirred it up with a tablespoon, no wooden spoon or mixer required. Seriously this stuff is good.
Cinnamon Sugar Swirl Quick BreadAdapted from Allrecipes.comIngredients1/3 cup white sugar2 teaspoons ground cinnamon2 cups all-purpose flour1 tablespoon baking powder1/2 teaspoon salt1 cup white sugar1 egg, beaten1 cup milk1/3 cup vegetable oil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan. In large bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and 1 cup sugar. Add egg, milk, and oil to flour mixture. Stir until just moistened.Pour half of the batter into pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon and 1/3 cup sugar (you can mix together cinnamon and sugar before hand, I didn't though I just sprinkled away). Cover with remaining batter. Top with more cinnamon/sugar if desired. Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Wrap in foil and let sit overnight before slicing (as mentioned, I sliced off two pieces then wrapped the rest of the loaf in foil). Enjoy! Happy Easter Weekend!

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder