13 Mayıs 2012 Pazar

Chocolate Quick Bread/Cake

To contact us Click HERE

oh my goodness! It has been too long since I blogged, life's pace is definitely picking up! Despite the craziness of life, I have still found time to bake, I made this cake yesterday after a particularly hectic day at work, and it turned out lovely. Decadent and chocolaty, all those work stresses went right out the window! It's topped with fluffy frosting and mounds of marshmallows and I finished it off by grating dark chocolate over the marshmallows. I actually poured half the batter into the pan, sprinkled on a layer of marshmallows, and topped it with the rest of the batter. I don't recommend this, it really didn't make any difference in the cake, the marshmallows just melted and got sticky. Cake was still good (really good) but a bit sticky around the edges. If you make it, just leave them out, as I did in the recipe below. Next time I make it I'm going to throw a few handfuls of chocolate chips in for an even more intense chocolate flavor. For the frosting use canned or homemade whichever you prefer. I used homemade buttercream leftover from some cupcakes I made for valentines day. I had saved the extra in February by freezing it, all I had to do was thaw it and rewhip it, no problem!
Chocolate Quick BreadRecipe from Thatsmyhome.com2 1/2 cups flour1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda1/2 cup cocoa1 cup sugar1/2 teaspoon salt1 egg, beaten1/3 cup butter, melted1 1/4 cups sour milk*ToppingFrostingMarshmallowsChocolate shavings
*Sour milk: add 1 tbsp. vinegar to 1 cup milk at room temp. Allow to sit 5 minutes.Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a 9x5 loaf pan with nonstick spray and set aside. Sift together first five ingredients. Add remaining ingredients. Combine until just blended. Pour into sprayed 9 x 5 loaf pan. Bake at for about one hour or until a pick inserted in the middle comes out with just a few crumbs attached. Remove from oven, allow to cool completely. When cooled, remove from pan. Frost with buttercream or other frosting and top with plenty of marshmallows and a sprinkle of chocolate shavings.
Have a great weekend!Linking up at Tatertots and Jello, Under the Table and Dreaming, Rook 17, and Funky Junk Interiors.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder