22 Eylül 2012 Cumartesi

Kuzhi Paniyaram | Savory Unniyappam

Paniyaram or savory unniyappam is a popular savory snack in the blogosphere made of made out of left over dosa/idli batter.Blogging introduced me to this wonder guilt free snack and thanx to all my friends who introduced the recipe to me.Now,this has become a regular snack at home and sometimes breakfast too.Everyone loves it at home and is quite healthy too.I hooked this recipe from 'show me the curry.com',this is a real delicious snack if you love savory.The only change I made in this recipe is I added corn kernels to it.Kids really love the crunchy and sweet corn kernels in the balls.These days am going quite busy with a number of activities going around at home,Thanx to all wishes on my hubby's birthday dearies..Conveyed all.Last weekend we had our group Onam celebration,now next week its my younger son's birthday coming up.So,now you can imagine the amount of work extra laid on me and that's the reason of my irregular visits in blogs.Hopefully by next week I'll be free,so enjoy this yummy snack at home !!


Ingredients
left over idli/dosa batter 3 cups
water (refer notes) as needed
salt to taste
green chillies chopped fine
cilantro 3-4 sprigs chopped
oil for frying
for seasoning
mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
onion 1/2 medium chopped
corn 1/3 cup
ginger 1/2 tsp
hing a pinch
oil  2 tsp


Method
-Add salt,green chillies,cilantro ,semolina and left over idli batter.
-In a pan,heat oil in a pan.Splutter mustard seeds and pop.
-Add asafoetida,curry leaves,onion ,corn kernels & ginger.
-Saute till onion turns translucent and add to batter.Mix well.
-Add water if required to balance the pouring of consistency.
-Heat the paniyaram pan / unniyappachatti and add few drops of oil in it.
-Spoon in batter in each mold and allow to cook.


-Once lightly golden brown,flip othe other side with the help of a skewer or fork.
-Remove them on a paper towel.
-Serve it with tomato chutney or coconut chutney !!

Servings ~ 4 adults



Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder