23 Eylül 2012 Pazar

finally have some pictures for you

I really wish we had smell-o-vision or something like it for the blog today.



I have rosemary hung and beginning to dry on the herb rack.



I'm working on a rustic tomato sauce. I just washed and roughly chopped the Roma tomatoes and am simmering them down. The actual canning will probably not happen until tomorrow morning since we have evening plans.



And I washed the turnips and am drying those out. It's a small harvest and that was planned because we always struggle with how to store them. If I leave them in the ground too long we lose some to rot and I haven't got a root cellar to store a larger crop. Our main issue seems to be that they are ready to harvest during the warmest part of the summer and if I plant them later (as a fall crop) they don't mature before our first freeze of the year. If anyone has turnip or rutabaga tips for growing in the Great Lakes region I'd love to hear them!

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder