12 Kasım 2012 Pazartesi

Spicy Chilli Dip for Boiled Tapioca(Yuca) | Mulakku Udachathu

To contact us Click HERE
Spicy chilly dip with boiled tapioca is a nostalgic post for me,although I had this only during my vacation times in Kerala.But my parents have a lot of memories associated with this recipe.The bird eye chillies (kanthari mulakku) is a common pepper variety which I have noticed in Kerala.But when I saw a similar kind in the stores here,I immediately caught hold of some but later only did I realise that its thai red chillies.Both chillies look almost the same in looks & flavor too.And so,I recreated the same good old memory of spicy chilly dip with thai red chillies.All guys from Kerala would love to have this with boiled tapioca/boiled taro roots or even boiled sweet potatoes.The recipe for boiled tapioca is posted here.So,guys enjoy the simple dip !!

Check out for Red chillies chutney for boiled tapioca too,if interested :)



Ingredients
bird's eye chillies(kanthari mulakku)/thai red chillies 3-4
shallots 4-5
coconut oil 2tsp
water 2tbsp
salt



Method
-Wash,peel the skin of shallots.Wash the chillies,discard stalk.
-Crush the shallots & green chillies in a mortar and pestle.
-Dissolve salt in 2tbsp of warm water and add the crushed shallots & chillies.Drizzle the coconut oil on top just before serving.
-Serve with boiled tapioca(yuca) / kappa puzhugiyathu.



Servings~ a small bowl of dip

NOTES
* You can increase the ratio of all ingredients for a larger amount of dip.
* This is a moderately spicy dip.


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder