12 Şubat 2013 Salı

Milk(Doodh) Peda | Milk Fudge & My 400th Post !!

To contact us Click HERE
Hurray !! 400th post.. very happy to share this moment with you all friends,well wishers & readers.Never thought I would reach this number when I started off blogging.Thank you so much for all the support and encouragement that you guys showered through comments,mails and likes.Hope you all will extend & maintain the same in my upcoming posts too.A special mention of thank my blogger friends who regularly drop by my space and leave their opinions and inspire me to blog further.I would also like to thank my family  especially my kids who always waited patiently for my dish to be photographed.They had been always the best critics of my dish. Thanx a lot all !!!

So,as I always mention every sweet moment in life needs a sweet to share.This is a simple sweet popularly found in all Indian sweets shops and an easy to make one.I made this using condensed milk and milk powder.This peda has all the richness of milk and a quick one to prepare as dessert when you are short of time.Enjoy making these sweet cuties at home and you'll find them vanished within no time.Check this out,friends !!!!



Ingredients
milk powder 1 3/4 cups
condensed milk 1 can(14 oz;400 gms)
cardamom powder 1 tsp(6 pods powdered)
butter 2 tbsp
ghee a little to grease hands
almonds whole or halved 1/2 cup
salt a pinch(optional)



Method
-Heat butter in a non stick pan,add in the condensed milk and milk powder.Whisk well using a wooden spoon without any lumps.
-Add a pinch of salt,keep stirring until the mixture is thick,takes about 15-20 minutes on medium flame.Don't keep the flame on high otherwise it may burn the bottom of the pan.Add in the cardamom powder and mix well.
-Put off flame and remove from stove top.Leave to cool a bit until its warm to handle.Grease your palms with a little ghee and make small smooth round balls.Place an almond in the center and press down the almond so that the pedas flatten and get shapes.
-Place on a plate and repeat the same steps until you finish.Serve in no time!!


Servings ~ 12-14 pedas

NOTES
* You can roll the mixture by greasing the surface with ghee,and cut out using cookie cutters to get different shapes,makes easier.
* If your mixture turns very dry and crackles,add a tbsp of milk to loosen it a bit.
* Greasing hands with ghee helps to get smooth pedas.
* You can add about 2 tbsp of cocoa powder to the same mix and make chocolate pedas too.
* You can leave almond topping or even add pistachios as topping.
* You can even add  2 strands of saffron to add color to pedas.I haven't done that.


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder