10 Ekim 2012 Çarşamba

My 350th Post & Paal Payasam | Rice Kheer(Pressure Cooker Method)

To contact us Click HERE
Friends,
Erivum Puliyum reached the milestone of 350 posts today.Thanx a bunch to all my blog friends,readers and my close friends who dropped at my space,encouraged me through your lovable and sweet inspiring comments.I would also love to thank my family for their consistent support in blogging and for the best critics to my recipes.Hope you guys will continue to drop,support and inspire me & my space through your valuable comments.All feedbacks are always welcome too:)


Coming back to today's recipe- Paal payasam/ Rice kheer is a healthy & delicious payasam/kheer,one of the easiest to make.This payasam doesn't require any condensed milk,it tastes similar to the ambalapuzha paal payasam.I made this payasam for my son's birthday last month.The payasam doesn't require any advanced skills,you can just put everything in pressure cooker and relax.No stirring frequently,no sticking to the bottom of the pan.The payasam/kheer is a mild pinkish in color and tastes awesome when it thicken with milk.Enjoy the yummy kheer !!


Ingredients
plain rice/payasam rice one handful/1/3 cup
milk 1/2 litr /2 cups (refer notes)
sugar 2 handful/1 cup approx
cardamom powder 1/2 tsp
cashews 2 tbsp
raisins 2 tbsp
ghee 1 tbsp



Method
-Wash and soak the rice in water for 1/2-1 hour.
-Add all the ingredients;rice,milk,sugar in the pressure cooker.
-Close the cooker without the weight initially,let the steam come up.Then,reduce the flame to medium flame or low-med flame and put the weight.
-Let the payasam cook in cooker for half an hour.Switch off flame after half an hour and release pressure when done.Add the cardamom powder,stir,cover and leave aside.
-Heat another pan with ghee in it and then fry the cashews.Fry the raisins.Add to the payasam.
-Enjoy the yummy,tasty payasam!!


NOTES
* The payasam tastes great even without cashews,raisins and ghee.
* If you wish to make more quantity,kindly alter the ratio of all ingredients.And also increase the time accordingly for a larger quantity.
* If you go by the exact measurement,cooking time and flame,you get the same result otherwise it may alter slightly.
* The sugar to rice ratio is 2:1,so add accordingly.
* The milk can be added raw without boiling.


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder