14 Ağustos 2012 Salı

Sunday Links (February 19, 2012)

To contact us Click HERE
I am now a member of Erecipe.com and just posted my first recipe.  Check it out!


[source]



Grab a cup of coffee, cuddle up on your couch, and check out these links.  I'm actually quite fond of all the links I posted this week.  Good info, plus some fun ones!

Tell The FDA that we have a right to know what's in our food (Petition.  "At any point, the FDA may approve genetically engineered salmon, which would be the first genetically engineered animal on supermarket shelves in the United States. It's engineered to produce growth hormones year-round to make the fish grow at twice its natural rate!" ~excerpt from an email letter I received from Just Label It)


Joyfolie (GORGEOUS shoes, clothing, accessories!!!  I am in love!)


8 Feeding Myths Every Parent Should Know About


Missi Discovers the Dairy Myth (Funny!)


Edenews: Whole Grain Nourishment (includes a yummy-looking recipe for Quinoa Corn Soup)


Man stricken eating 'Triple Bypass' burger (Have you heard about this restaurant in Las Vegas called Heart Attack Grill.  My husband said he heard the story on the radio and they said that customers who weigh over 300 lbs eat for free.  This is upsetting on so many levels.)


Chipotle Ad Upstages Some Grammy Performances (amazing videos: Abandoned and Back to the Start)


Veganism myths debunked


Weelicious ("Fast, Easy & Fresh Homemade Home Made Baby Food Babyfood Recipes, Toddler Food and recipes for the entire family")


High arsenic levels found in organic foods, baby formula (I nursed both my kids the moment they were born, but did introduce forumla around six months - and then did a combination of breastfeeding and formula bottles until they were 9-11 months.  It's interesting, only a few years ago organic formulas were not widespread and widely available, so I used conventional formula.  The arsenic comes from the soil and into the brown rice.  Brown rice syrup is a sweetener used in a lot of organic products, including baby formula (however I just read it is not allowed in FDA-approved baby formulas???).  Just one of these things to be aware of.  Dr. Oz has been a part of this story, as he was with arsenic in apple juice.)


The 100 Foods Dr. Oz Wants in Your Shopping Cart


Dr. Oz's Transformation Nation (Sign up, take a health quiz - be honest with your answers.  Out of 5 stars, I earned 3. "Fairly Healthy" I was labeled.  Shocking, right?  Well, not really.  Bottom line - I don't exercise and I am not highly motivated to get up and move.  My husband also works long hours and I am the full-time caretaker of my preschool-age children = not a lot of ME time.  But, even as I write that, it seems like a horrible excuse to not exerciese.  My other health-related surprise - I have high blood pressure and I take medication to keep it controlled.  Totally shocking, right?  I also suffer from migraines.  I am very hormonal and I believe I suffer from the HBP and migraines due to my hormones, which both started with pregnancies and childbirth.  My children were induced due to preeclampsia - thank goodness they were both full-term.  However, ever since my pregnancie I have had high blood pressure and terrible bi-monthly headaches.  I am forever grateful for my BP and migraine meds, because honestly, they have saved my sanity.  If you suffer from migraines, you know they are severly debilitating.  I am on a quest to work on ME this year, now that my children are older that is getting easier day-by-day...but such a work-in-progress.)


Organic Milk Demand Surges, Dairy Farmers Struggle To Keep Up



Feel free to post any links that grabbed your attention this past week! 
How healthy do you think you are?  Areas of improvement? 
Your opinion on the arsenic-issue? 
I don't want this links page to become controversial and negative.  I am simply posting links that, like I said above, grabbed my attention...and then sometimes I like to write about my personal thoughts on the matter.



Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder