14 Ağustos 2012 Salı

No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies

To contact us Click HERE


...because I haven't had enough chocolate lately.






The above chocolates were all from my husband for Valentine's Day.  Let me step back a moment to February 14.  He came home with a bouquet of flowers and a box of dark chocolates from Gertrude Hawk.  The second I saw that box, I knew they had milk products in them and felt so sad to tell him.  But, I wanted him to know.  He was frustrated because I have told him that dark chocolate does not have milk products - well, now he knows how hard it is to keep up with ingredient lists!  Anyway, he returned the Gertrude Hawk chocolate and surprised me with quite a selection.  (*The red hearts were from my in laws, but pretty so I had to include them.  Those are from Lake Champlain Chocolates.)



And now for my recipe...
These bring back memories of my early baking days in my parent's kitchen.  I have no idea how old I was when I made these, and I think I only made them once.  But I remember the moment of making them and think that is pretty cool.  My son helped me make these...

I power-packed these so I wouldn't feel as guilty eating them.

No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies

1 c cane sugar (The below photographed brand, Florida Crystals, is vegan-certified.)
4 TB unsweetened baker's cocoa
1/2 stick vegan butter (Earth Balance Buttery Sticks)
1/4 c unsweetened non-dairy milk (So Delicious Unsweetened)
1/2 c natural peanut butter
1/2 TB vanilla
1-1/2 c oatmeal
1 heaping TB each:
  • hempseeds
  • ground flaxseeds
  • unsweetened coconut flakes
  • wheat germ
  • dry quinoa
  • oatbran



In a saucepan combine sugar, cocoa, butter and milk.  Bring to a boil and let boil for one minute, stirring constantly.

Add peanut butter, vanilla, oatmeal, and remaining dry ingredients.  Combine well.

Drop mix by spoonful (I used 1 TB-size) on wax paper and place in refrigerator or freezer.  Allow to harden, at least one hour.  Keep chilled.

These didn't last long in our house... but not because of my husband or kids (hmmm...)!



Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder