2 Ocak 2013 Çarşamba

Diet Vegetable Soup for Weight Loss

To contact us Click HERE
Diet Soup for Weight Loss

Let’s start the year off with a diet soupthat might just help you stick with those resolutions.  This diet vegetable soup is something I liketo call my Mediterranean weight loss miracle. I put this diet veggie soup together a few years back to help maintainmy goal weight range throughout the year. I find myself eating this low fat, low calorie high fiber soup at leastonce a month.  It does wonders to help mebalance out the other treats I showed you how to make this past year.  Mixed in with all the deliciously healthylunch and dinner options covered on the blog, I also did recipes and videos foralmost 50 desserts this past year.  Andeven though I tried to use strategies to lighten up some of the recipes theywere still desserts so whenever I found myself indulging in too many treats, Imade some vegetable soup to get back on track. The strategy I use to maintain my weight is to eat smaller portions ofthe foods I love.  Then I monitor myweight daily and whenever I see my weight creep up towards the high end of myweight range make this soup to help me knock off the pounds fast.  All the chopping can be a little laborintensive but it’s also therapeutic.  Allthe monotonous veggie chopping helps me get into the mindset of investing time inmyself.  Once I have a pot of soupfinished I eat 2-3 bowls a day for 3-5 days. For dinner I usually eat 4-6 ounces of lean protein like chicken or fishwith pan sautéed non-starchy vegetables or a salad and those extra poundsdisappear.      

DietVegetable Soup for Weight LossPreptime: 30 min Cooktime: 1 hour
Ingredients
  • 1large eggplant, cut into bite sized pieces
  • 1large zucchini, cut into bite sized pieces
  • 2large onions, cut into smaller pieces
  • 2green peppers, cut into smaller pieces
  • 4stalks celery, chopped
  • 1pint of grape tomatoes
  • 1/3of a head of cabbage chopped into bite sized pieces
  • 3cups of crushed tomatoes
  • 3tbsp cider vinegar
  • 3tbsp olive oil
  • 5tsp gluten free vegetable bouillon
  • crushedred pepper
  • thyme
  • saltand pepper to taste



VideoTutorial



Instructions
  1. Preheatthe oven to 400°F (or 205°C).
  2. Line 3 baking sheets with foil spayed with olive oil spray setaside. You’ll also need a 6-8 quart pot filled with 8 cups of water set aside. 
  3. Dividethe veggies into 3 groups according to how long they each need to be roasted.  In the first group combine the eggplant andzucchini with 1/3 the crushed tomatoes, 1/3 of the chopped onions, 1 tbsp ofolive oil, red pepper flakes, salt pepper and thyme to taste then spread theveggies out onto the prepared baking sheet and roast  for 30 minutes.
  4. Inthe second group combine the peppers, celery, and 1/3 the onions, 1/3 thecrushed tomatoes, 1 tbsp of olive oil and all the same seasonings as before androast for 25 minutes.
  5. Andin the last group I combine the cabbage, grape tomatoes, and the remainingcrushed tomatoes and onions with the same seasonings as the other 2 pans androast for 20 minutes. 
  6. Add all of the finished roastedveggies to the pot of water then add the bouillon, vinegar and salt and pepperto taste and bring the soup up to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.   Garnishwith fresh parsley or scallions and serve.   

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder