7 Aralık 2012 Cuma

Green Tomato Stir fry | Pacha Thakkali Thoran

To contact us Click HERE
Green tomatoes are present abundantly in India but here I hardly have noticed these.I have a very faint memory of this stir fry which I had from my mom long back probably school days.But this time,I had these fresh green tomatoes in my potted garden and suddenly had a special craving to make the same stir fry looking at those cuties.And so,here it is a simple delicious mildy tangy stir fry that goes perfect with rice !!!



Ingredients
tomato green /raw 7-8 medium sized chopped
shallots 10 sliced
grated coconut 1/3 cup
green chillies 4-5
turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
salt
oil 2 tsp
curry leaves few sprigs


Method
-Heat oil in a pan ,splutter mustard seeds.
-Add in the shallots ,green chillies and curry leaves.Saute till translucent.
-Add the turmeric powder.
-Add in the chopped green tomatoes,grated coconut and salt.
-Cover and cook for 7 minutes.Uncover the lid,toss again.
-The tomatoes are wilted and coked by then.Dry up the water content if any and serve hot with rice !!!

Servings ~ 2-3 adults





Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder